You can ask an anonymous health question for free using Doctor Q&A. Submit your question and a doctor will respond in 24 hours or less.
When posting a health question, please take the following into consideration:
- Answers are for information only and not intended for individual diagnosis, treatment, or prescription. To connect with a HealthTap doctor, you can do a virtual visit. For potential or actual medical emergencies, immediately call 911 or your local emergency service
- Doctor Q&A is designed for general health questions and not a conversation between a patient and a doctor. If you would like to discuss a specific health matter with a doctor, please consider a virtual visit on HealthTap or seeing a doctor in-person
- When you submit a question using Doctor Q&A, our doctors usually respond in 24 hours or less. If your question is incomplete, difficult for the doctors to understand, is better suited for conversation in a virtual visit, or is difficult for doctors to answer for any other reason, your response might be delayed, you might be asked to revise your question, or even receive no response
- Questions and answers are viewable by HealthTap members and doctors. As such, please do not use any personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, location, phone number, email address, or other details that can identify you
To post a general health question:
1. Log into your HealthTap account
2. Select "Ask Doctors Anonymously" from the HealthTap main menu under "Free Doctor Wisdom"
3. Begin by choosing who the question is for by selecting one of the circular icons
4. Type your question into the text box provided. Please note that your question must be greater than 14 characters and less than 250 characters.
5. Once you have entered your question, select "Next"
6. Please review similar questions to yours that are already on HealthTap in case your question has been answered by doctors before. If you would still like to ask your question, select "Post Question".
7. If your question went through, you'll receive a "Your question has been sent to our doctors!" confirmation
8. Once your question has been answered you'll receive a notification. You can review the answer, either by:
- Selecting "Read the answer" in the corresponding notification
- Going to your main menu, selecting "My Care" then "Health Q&A", and clicking on the question you wish to see the answer to