You can ask an anonymous, general health question for free with HealthTap's "Post a health question" feature. HealthTap doctors are available to answer these questions 24/7, 365 days a year!
When posting a health question, please take the following into consideration:
- Educational text answers on HealthTap are not intended for individual diagnosis, treatment or prescription. For these, please visit a doctor (virtually or in-person). For potential or actual medical emergencies, immediately call 911 or your local emergency service
- The “Post a health question” feature is designed for general health questions and not a conversation between a patient and a doctor. If you would like to discuss a specific health matter with a doctor, please consider visiting with a doctor.
- When you submit a health question for a doctor to answer, we do our best to get that answer to you as quickly as possible (usually within 24 hours). You may receive a delayed response, be asked to resubmit a question, or even receive no answer in cases where a question is incomplete, is difficult for the doctors to interpret, is better suited for conversation in a virtual visit, or has other qualities that make it difficult for doctors to answer in a helpful, informational way.
- These questions are designed to be anonymous, as they can be viewed by doctors and patients on HealthTap. As such, please refrain from using any personally identifiable information in your question (such as your name, address, location, phone number, email address, or other such details).
To post a general health question, please follow these steps:
1. Log into you HealthTap account at https://www.healthtap.com/member/login
2. Select Post a health question from the HealthTap main menu:
3. Begin by choosing who the question is for by selecting one of the circular icons
4. Type your question into the text box provided. Please note that your question must greater than 14 characters and less than 250 characters.
5. Once you have entered your question, select Continue
6. The next page gives you the option to input your background health information (or that of whoever you are asking the question for). This information will be visible to doctors to give them more context to your question, but will not be visible to other patients. The background information includes:
- Do you have any previously diagnosed conditions?
- Do you take any medications?
Do you have any allergies?
7. If the category does not apply to you, select the icon with an “X” in it so that it is colored blue like so:
8. If the category does apply to you, click the icon with a checkmark in it. This will generate a window where you can search and add items to that category:
Simply begin typing your item into the top text box and a dropdown menu of search items will appear. Select your item when you see it appear. Then click “Add”
9. Your categorized items will appear like the image below. If you wish to add another item to any category, simply click or the corresponding button for whichever category you wish to populate.
10. If you wish to delete any items, click the by the item and select either “Not Anymore” or “Remove”
11. Once you have entered all the background information you want, click “Continue”
12. Please review similar questions to yours that are already on HealthTap in case your question has been answered by doctors before. If you would still like to ask your question, select Send Your Question.
13. If your question went through, you'll receive a "Your question has been sent!" confirmation.
14. Once your question has been answered you'll receive a notification. You can review the answer, either by:
- Clicking "Read the answer" in the corresponding notification
- Going to your main menu, selecting Care, selecting Health Q&A, and clicking on the question you wish to see the answer to