You can ask an anonymous, general health question for free with HealthTap's "Ask Doctors Your Question" feature. HealthTap doctors are available to answer these questions 24/7, 365 days a year!
When posting a health question, please take the following into consideration:
- Educational text answers on HealthTap are not intended for individual diagnosis, treatment or prescription. For these, please visit a doctor (virtually or in-person). For potential or actual medical emergencies, immediately call 911 or your local emergency service
- The “Ask Doctors Your Question” feature is designed for general health questions and not a conversation between a patient and a doctor. If you would like to discuss a specific health matter with a doctor, please consider visiting with a doctor.
- When you submit a health question for a doctor to answer, we do our best to get that answer to you as quickly as possible (usually within 24 hours). You may receive a delayed response, be asked to resubmit a question, or even receive no answer in cases where a question is incomplete, is difficult for the doctors to interpret, is better suited for conversation in a virtual visit, or has other qualities that make it difficult for doctors to answer in a helpful, informational way.
- These questions are designed to be anonymous, as they can be viewed by doctors and patients on HealthTap. As such, please refrain from using any personally identifiable information in your question (such as your name, address, location, phone number, email address, or other such details).
To post a general health question, please follow these steps:
1. Log into you HealthTap account at https://www.healthtap.com/member/login
2. Select Ask Doctors Your Question from the HealthTap main menu:
3. Begin by choosing who the question is for by selecting one of the circular icons
4. Type your question into the text box provided. Please note that your question must greater than 14 characters and less than 250 characters.
5. Once you have entered your question, select Next
6. Please review similar questions to yours that are already on HealthTap in case your question has been answered by doctors before. If you would still like to ask your question, select Post Question.
7. If your question went through, you'll receive a "Your question has been sent to our doctors!" confirmation.
8. Once your question has been answered you'll receive a notification. You can review the answer, either by:
- Clicking "Read the answer" in the corresponding notification
- Going to your main menu, selecting My Care, selecting Health Q&A, and clicking on the question you wish to see the answer to