On HealthTap, there is also the option to engage in Virtual Consults with specific doctors or Specialists.
The options offered are:
- Ad-hoc Live Consults () - Video, Audio, or Textchat done with physicians who are available at the time you are online.
- Asynchronous Message Consults () - Messages sent to the doctor for which responses are required within 24 hours time. The doctor may keep the consult open for as long as he or she deem medically necessary and/or relevant.
- Virtual Appointments () - Virtual consults which are scheduled in advance. At the time of the appointment, they will be just like a live consult.
How to do a virtual consult with a specific doctor/specialist in HealthTap:
- Sign into your HealthTap account
- Visit the Search Tool ()
- Select Health Professionals ()
- Filter results by Specialty
- When you find the doctor with whom you'd like to consult, select their name to be brought to their profile page.
- Under their Star Rating, select () for an ad-hoc live consult (if the doctor happens to be online and available), select () to schedule a virtual appointment in advance, or select () to send an asynchronous message to be responded to within 24 hours time.