HealthTap is the leading interactive virtual care platform where patients get real-time primary care medical consults from HealthTap Prime-certified doctors over HD video, voice, and chat. The patients you give Virtual Consults to will benefit from your care, and you will be able to connect them with helpful resources on HealthTap to help them accomplish their health goals. All of your patients’ history and prior interactions with other HealthTap Prime doctors are available to you at the time you see each patient. We hope you'll partner with us to revolutionize healthcare by harnessing innovative technologies to provide access to the best medical care to everyone!
You will consult with individuals residing in the states in which you are licensed, or internationally. You will not be asked to consult on patients in other states unless you hold a valid license to practice medicine in those states. If you are licensed to practice in multiple states, you will have increased opportunities to see more patients when you are available for Virtual Consults (please send us your license details for any additional states where you are licensed).
Consults are routed to you on a first-come/first-serve basis, and we ask you to see each patient in sequence. You will see patients of any age or gender, but you are not expected to provide care that would normally require a specialist. If the problem requires further care by a specialist, please address the immediate issue at hand and refer to the appropriate specialist for follow up care (much as an urgent care doctor would do).
- You are able to prescribe medications if you feel that is appropriate. The HealthTap Prime application includes an e-prescribing function. The e-prescriptions that you write will be transmitted to the patient’s local pharmacy.
- We ask that you prescribe generic medications wherever possible.
- You are not allowed to prescribe:
- medications registered on DEA schedules I-V (narcotics, benzos, etc)
- medications for psychiatric illnesses
- State-regulated medications
- lifestyle medications such as diet drugs or erectile dysfunction meds
- Unless the shifts are full, you have the opportunity to request as many 4-hr shifts as you would like to work, on as many different days of the week as you choose. After you complete your signup you will see a schedule on which you can make requests for specific shifts, and you can return to that schedule to update your shift requests at any time. We ask that you commit to filling the same shift each week, but it is easy to let us know you are unable to perform a shift on any given day
- Signing up for Committed shifts are done by a waiting list. To get added to the list, just let us know.
- You may also sign up for Stand By shifts if other doctors are already committed to a shift when you would like to see patients.
- You may cancel any shift with 7 days notice.
- You may ask to change your regularly scheduled shifts with 30 days notice.
- At this time, we ask each doctor to commit to a minimum of 4 hours for each shift. If you have consistent availability at different times or for shorter durations, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us, and we’ll consider modifications to the shift schedule.
Full liability insurance coverage is included at no cost to you. The limits of liability are $5M per event.
All patient data on HealthTap are stored on highly secure servers and all connections to the servers are encrypted. HealthTap is fully HIPAA secure, so you can have confidence in your patient data on HealthTap.
At $30 per consult, you can earn up to $180/hr. If you are on a "committed shift", you make at least $100 per 4-hour shift (this is a minimum, not an incremental payment on top of the consult fees). You will be paid via electronic funds transfer for each shift you are on duty, based on the number of Virtual Consults you give. Payment will be made at the beginning of each month for the previous month's balance (with a minimum deposit of $50).
There is no membership fee for being a doctor in HealthTap Prime.
Patients pay on a subscription basis of $99/month
Eligibility for HeathTap Prime
- You are a qualified provider with one of the following: MD, MDCM, MBBS, MBChB, DDS, DMD, DO, DpM, EdD, PhD, PharmD, PsyD
- You have an active, unrestricted U.S Medical License and are in good standing
- You have a valid individual (not organizational) NPI number
- You are Board Certified by the ABMS or AOA
- You agree to see and treat patients of all ages, and genders for any health concerns they may have including primary and urgent care