- If you choose to opt-in and accept insurance reimbursement for your Virtual Consults, you make it easier for your patients to apply their health insurance benefits to see you virtually. After you enroll, all you have to do is use the ‘Diagnosis’ functionality to add an ICD-10 code to each SOAP note, so that HealthTap can process and submit each claim for you.
Information HealthTap Needs
- When you enroll for insurance reimbursement, you need to only verify your billing address, taxpayer ID or social security number, and NPI. You can sign-up via the web - click on the Grow Your Practice tab from the toolbar to your left and then select Insurance Reimbursement.
Checking the patient’s eligibility, how much your patients will pay, and who they will pay
- HealthTap electronically verifies your patient’s eligibility (preliminary eligibility) for virtual care services, checks their deductible and copay status, and applies the expected payment toward a virtual visit with you, their doctor. HealthTap collects from your patient at the time of appointment request, just the balance amount that will not be paid by their insurance.
Claim submission process
- HealthTap completes and submits an electronic claim on your behalf to your patient’s insurance company. Each claim must have an ICD-10 diagnosis code (you will not be able to complete your SOAP note unless you include a diagnosis code). You also have the option to review each claim before it is sent. If you opt-in to review claims, each claim is available for review for up to 7 days after the consult, after which it is submitted automatically.
- Your account is immediately credited with your patient’s upfront payment, while the insurance payments get mailed to you directly by the insurance provider. At this time, we do not resubmit or appeal claims that are denied.
Reviewing the status of the claims
- Sign in to your HealthTap Account and go to the Grow Your Practice page. Click on the Insurance Reimbursement tab and you will see an option to review your Claim History.