Not every Doctor may practice for any given HealthTap feature.
There are three tiers a HealthTap physician may belong to if they participate in any capacity.
Network Expert (All free services) - A doctor may be approved onto the HealthTap network to participate in everything except for Premium Services (i.e. HealthTap Prime and HealthTap Concierge) if the following is true:
- They are a Qualified Provider
- Allopathic or Osteopathic physicians
- Clinical Psychologists
- Pharmacologists (Pharm.d)
- They have an active U.S. Medical License
- Their NPI number is active and in good standing
HealthTap Concierge - A doctor may be approved into HealthTap Concierge if they meet all the conditions to be a Network Expert, and the following is also true:
- A Google background check yield no competitive affiliations with Telemedicine Companies
- Verification with the OIG (Office of the Inspector General) does not yield any "red flags"
*Note: HealthTap Concierge may not be part of your HealthTap Compass coverage. If it isn't, you will not be able to select the features involved (i.e. scheduling appointments or consulting with specific doctors or specialists).
HealthTap Prime (The on-demand virtual consult access provided to you in your HealthTap Compass account) - A doctor may be approved into HealthTap Prime if they meet all the conditions required to be a Network Expert and a HealthTap Concierge physician, and the following is also true:
- They are Board Certified in Primary Care
- They agree they may see patients of all ages in an "Urgent Care" setting
Rest Assured, any physician you interact with on HealthTap is educated and able to practice at the highest standard of care.