On HealthTap Compass, prescriptions are available by a HealthTap doctor's medical expertise and discretion only.
Even if you believe you need a prescription, you should not expect a prescription on HealthTap.
Prescriptions on HealthTap Compass are limited in type and duration.
HealthTap Compass should not be used to request prescriptions for any medications or any duration not permitted via virtual consults.
If you are located outside the U.S you may receive prescription recommendations through consults only.
The following medication categories cannot be prescribed or recommended in virtual consults on HealthTap:
- DEA category I-IV medications
- Lifestyle medications (such as weight loss or hair loss medication)
- U.S.-state regulated medications
- Note: It may be possible to get prescriptions for some psychiatric medications in HealthTap Concierge virtual consults, but doctors cannot prescribe psychiatric medications in HealthTap Prime virtual consults.
It is always up to the consulting doctor's medical expertise and discretion to decide to order a certain prescription and for what duration.
- There are cases when you may present with a condition that is long-standing for which you may have been taking a prescription for a long period of time. The same rules apply in this situation.
- Please also understand that in HealthTap Prime virtual consults, you and the doctor most likely do not have an established doctor-patient relationship, and best practice will be for the doctor prescribe(of at all) a short course of medication to hold you over until you are able to consults with you established doctor.
Before initiating a virtual consult, make sure your preferred pharmacy in your Health Profile is up to date to correspond with your location.
- Your Health Profile is located in your main menu of your HealthTap account.
- In your Health Profile under Basic Information, you have the option to update you preferred pharmacy by clicking on the gray pencil icon next to your Preferred Pharmacy.
Prescribed medications transmit electronically through HealthTap to your preferred pharmacy.
Once the prescribed medication has been transmitted successfully, you will receive a notification via telephone or SMS when your prescription is ready for pick-up.