HealthTap doctors can order lab tests.
HealthTap has partnered with Quest Diagnostics, the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing.
- Quest services range from routine blood tests, such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count to complex, gene-based and molecular testing.
To request a lab test you must initiate a consult with a HealthTap doctor.
- Please note that a HealthTap doctor at any point during a consult can recommend a lab test depending on your symptoms.
Doctors can order lab tests in the Summary Note section of a consult.
- The Summary Note will display the name(s) of the lab test(s) the doctor has issued.
Lab test orders are transmitted electronically through HealthTap to Quest.
Once the lab test as been ordered and displayed in the Summary note section of the consult, you will have the option to schedule an appointment with a local Quest service center that is convenient for you.
You will be taken to the Quest website to find a local test center and schedule an appointment and will be asked to log in or create a secure account.
The status of your lab test is available at all times in the consult transcript.
- You can access your consult transcript by selecting consults from the main HealthTap menu and clicking on the private consult you had with your doctor.
The status of your lab test will be available in your consult transcript under the name of your lab test.
- The status listed will either be waiting for results or available.
Once the lab test result status changes to available you should receive a notification in your HealthTap account as well as an email/SMS message notifying you that your test results are ready.
You can view your test results in your Quest account.