Prescriptions can be ordered during a virtual visit at the discretion of the doctor. You are not required to prescribe medications. As long as the patient has a preferred pharmacy entered into their account, any e-prescriptions that you write will be transmitted to this pharmacy.
Please note the following:
- We ask that you prescribe generic medications wherever possible.
- HealthTap does not allow the prescription of:
- Prescriptions for narcotics or DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) (http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/schedules/) controlled substances (Schedule I, II, III, IV)
- Prescriptions for medications that are restricted by states
- Prescriptions for medications for psychiatric illnesses
- Prescriptions for lifestyle medications such as erectile dysfunction or diet drugs
- If you choose to prescribe a medication to your patient that is not supported by our e-prescription service after a HealthTap virtual visit, please make a clear notation of this fact in the HealthTap SOAP note.
- Please also be sure to keep your office’s records for your patients up to date with any prescriptions, referrals, or other information from visits on HealthTap Concierge.
To order a prescription, please follow these steps:
1. In the Notes section, select the Add Medication Icon
2. Search for the medication in the search field
3. Provide all required information
Note: If a medication is over the counter, be sure to click the "Do not transmit to pharmacy" button
4. Click Save (Note, if the patient has not selected a pharmacy, the text will appear as Next instead and prompt you to enter a pharmacy to send the prescription to)
5. Search and Choose a pharmacy (if the patient has not already selected their own pharmacy)
6. Click Done
7. The prescription will be added to the SOAP Note
8. The order will be sent to the patient’s pharmacy for processing after you sign and close the virtual visit.