You can ask a personalized and anonymous question for free with HealthTap's Post a health question feature. Doctors are available on HealthTap 24/7, 365 days a year!
Please follow these steps to submit your health question to doctors in the Medical Expert Network with the Post a health question feature. Please be aware that doctors answer these questions at their own discretion and there is no guarantee that a question will get answered if the doctors who review it choose not to respond to it.
- Log into you HealthTap account at https://www.healthtap.com/member/login
- Select Post a health question from the HealthTap main menu:
- Begin by choosing who the question is for by selecting one of the circular icons:
- If you wish to ask a question for yourself, select the icon containing your initials that says “Me” underneath
- If you wish to ask a question for someone you have as a sub-account within your account, select the icon containing their initials and their name listed below it
- If you wish to ask a question for someone else, select the icon with a “+” that says “Add Person” underneath
- Type your question into the text box provided
- Once you have entered your question, select Continue
- The next page will review your background information (or that of whoever you are asking the question for). This will give the doctors more context and allow them to give you a more personalized answer. The background information includes:
- Previously diagnosed conditions
- Medications you are taking
- If the category does not apply to you, select the icon with an “X” in it so that it is colored blue like so:
- If the category does apply to you, click the icon with a checkmark in it. This will generate a window where you can search and add items to that category:
Simply begin typing your item into the top text box and a dropdown menu of search items will appear. Select your item when you see it appear. Then click “Add”
- Your categorized items will appear like the image below. If you wish to add another item to any category, simply click or the corresponding button for whichever category you wish to populate.
- If you wish to delete any items, click the by the item and select either “Not Anymore” or “Remove”
- Once you have entered all the background information you want, click “Continue”
- Please review similar questions to yours that are already on HealthTap in case your question has been answered by doctors before. If you would still like to ask your question, select Send Your Question.
If your question went through, you'll receive a "Your question has been sent!" confirmation. Once your question has been answered you'll receive a notification and you can review the answer by checking the "Answers" section in the main menu.
Note: Answers on HealthTap are NOT intended for individual diagnosis, treatment or prescription. If you think you have a medical emergency, call local emergency services or your doctor immediately.