Many millions of people in search of doctors' expertise ask health questions and get doctors' Answers on HealthTap. While most people find Answers already contained within our library of questions and answers, people submit new questions round the clock every day for free. Our system screens these questions using an algorithm. We then rely on our doctors to review incoming questions for appropriateness and flag any questions that look suspect.
These free questions are what you find when you go to your ‘Learn & Teach’ page under the ‘Questions’ tab.
You can search for questions in your feed by using the search feature.
When you find a question that you would like to answer to help a HealthTap user and many more who will find your Answer in the future, please follow the steps below:
- Select the Answer button.
- Enter a brief and descriptive summary of your Answer in under twenty characters.
You may also recycle previous Answers when you encounter questions similar to those that you have answered before.
- Enter the detailed Answer in an informational way (please refrain from any personal diagnosis, prescription, or medical advice).
- Add medical topic tags relevant to the question and Answer pair.
- Add an image if you would like.
- Select the Send button to submit your Answer.Thank you for helping people in your community and everywhere with your thoughtful Answers on HealthTap!