With HealthTap, you can visit with a primary care doctor 24/7 from wherever you have a computer, tablet, or smartphone and a reliable internet connection.
To visit with a primary care doctor on HealthTap, please follow these steps:
1. Log in to your HealthTap account
2. Click on the Talk to a Doctor option
3. Next, please read through What to expect in a virtual visit. For more details, you can click on here which is in blue text:
4. Please select who the visit is for. If you have any subaccounts, they will be listed here for you to select
5. Next, please verify your location. If the location listed does not match your current location, you can click (change), which is in blue text. Once you begin typing, a list of search results will appear. Choose your desired location by clicking on it.
6. Click Next
7. On the next page, please enter the reason you are initiating the medical visit. The explanation must be at least 3 words and under 400 characters. When you are finished, click Next
8. On the next page, you will be prompted to enter or verify information about yourself. You must enter all of the information to proceed. To add or change the information in any section, click Edit in the bottom right corner of that box. Once you add/change the information in a section, click on Save to save the information to your profile. All information must be "Saved" before you can proceed
9. At the bottom of the page, you must select a preferred pharmacy for any potential prescriptions that are prescribed through HealthTap. You can search your pharmacy by name, city, or postal code. If you do not initially see your preferred pharmacy, you can scroll down within the search results. Once you have selected your preferred pharmacy, click "Save" to save this information to your profile
10. Once you have entered and/or verified all of your information, click Next at the bottom of the page
11. On the next screen, you will see the payment details of the visit. The cost of the visit will depend on the type of plan you have and if there are any credits on your account.
12. You will also be able to select your payment method. If you have not already entered a payment method, you can do so by clicking on + Add Payment Method in the blue text.
13. Lastly, you will have the option to Turn on my video and audio. It is recommended that you initiate a video visit, as the doctors will be able to provide medical care if they can see you. You will also have the ability to turn on video and audio during a visit if you have not done so at the beginning.
If the icon is blue (see the picture below), this indicates that the visit will start with the video and audio on.
14. When you are ready to begin your visit, click Start visit. You should be connected to a doctor right away - usually within two minutes.
Please note that, for any given visit on HealthTap:
- Patients who are located outside the U.S. may receive prescription recommendations only
- The following medication categories cannot be prescribed or recommended in virtual visits on HealthTap:
- Prescriptions for narcotics or DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) (http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/schedules/) controlled substances (Schedule I, II, III, IV)
- Prescriptions for medications that are restricted by states
- Prescriptions for medications for psychiatric illnesses
- Prescriptions for lifestyle medications such as erectile dysfunction or diet drugs.
- If your visit is interrupted due to a technical failure OR if the doctor chooses to flag the visit, please contact HealthTap Support at support.healthtap.com or 650-376-6110 for further assistance.