Millions of people in search of doctors' expertise ask health questions and get doctors' answers on HealthTap. While most people find answers already contained within our library of questions and answers, people submit new questions around the clock every day for free. Our system screens these questions using an algorithm. We then rely on our doctors to review incoming questions for appropriateness and flag any questions that look suspect.
To review and answer these questions, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your HealthTap account
- Select Learn & Teach in the lefthand menu
- Select Questions to filter the feed to just patient questions
- You can search keywords in your question feed by using the search feature. This will pull up questions that contain these keywords
- When you find a question that you would like to answer, select the Answer button
- Enter a brief and descriptive summary of your Answer in under twenty characters.
- Enter the detailed Answer in an informational way (please refrain from any personal diagnosis, prescription, or medical advice). You may also recycle previous Answers when you encounter questions similar to those that you have answered before.
- Add any medical topic tags you feel are relevant to the question and Answer pair
- You may add an image if you would like
- Select the Submit button to submit your Answer
Thank you for helping people in your community and everywhere with your thoughtful Answers on HealthTap!