HealthTap is the leading interactive virtual care platform where patients get real-time primary care medical virtual visits from certified doctors over HD video, voice, and chat. The patients you give Virtual Visits to will benefit from your care, and you will be able to connect them with helpful resources on HealthTap to help them accomplish their health goals. All of your patients’ history and prior interactions with other HealthTap Medical Group doctors are available to you at the time you see each patient. We hope you'll partner with us to revolutionize healthcare by harnessing innovative technologies to provide access to the best medical care to everyone!
- You will consult with individuals residing in the states in which you are licensed, or internationally. You will not be asked to consult with patients in other states unless you hold a valid license to practice medicine in those states. If you are licensed to practice in multiple states, you will have increased opportunities to see more patients when you are available for Virtual Visits (please send us your license details for any additional states where you are licensed).
- Virtual Visits are routed to you on a first-come/first-serve basis and we ask you to see each patient in sequence. You will see patients of any age or gender, but you are not expected to provide care that would normally require a specialist. If the problem requires further care by a specialist, please address the immediate issue at hand and refer to the appropriate specialist for follow up care (much as an urgent care doctor would do).
- You are able to prescribe medications if you feel that is appropriate. The HealthTap Medical Group application includes an e-prescribing function. As long as the patient has a preferred pharmacy entered into their account, any e-prescriptions that you write will be transmitted to this pharmacy.
- We ask that you prescribe generic medications wherever possible.
- HealthTap does not allow the prescription of:
- Prescriptions for narcotics or DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) (http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/schedules/) controlled substances (Schedule I, II, III, IV)
- Prescriptions for medications that are restricted by states
- Prescriptions for medications for psychiatric illnesses
- Prescriptions for lifestyle medications such as erectile dysfunction or diet drugs
- If you are interested in a regular weekly Committed shift, you can fill out this form
- If you are interested in a Standby or Try-Me shift, you can add these within your HealthTap account
- Full liability insurance coverage is included at no cost to you. The limits of liability are $5M per event.
- All patient data on HealthTap are stored on highly secure servers and all connections to the servers are encrypted. HealthTap is fully HIPAA secure, so you can have confidence in your patient data on HealthTap.
- Doctors are paid per virtual visit, with a minimum shift payment for “Committed” shifts. Payments are made monthly using an electronic funds transfer.
- There is no membership fee for being a doctor in the HealthTap Medical Group.
Eligibility for HeathTap Medical Group
- You are already part of HealthTap’s Doctor Network
- You are a qualified provider with one of the following: MD, MDCM, MBBS, MBChB, DDS, DMD, DO, DpM, EdD, PhD, PharmD, PsyD
- You have an active, unrestricted U.S Medical License and are in good standing
- You have a valid individual (not organizational) NPI number
- You are Board Certified by the ABMS or AOA
- You agree to see and treat patients of all ages, and genders for any health concerns they may have including primary and urgent care