HealthTap has two different options for doctors to choose from when deciding how you would like to engage with our service. Doctors can apply to be part of the HealthTap Doctor Network and/or the HealthTap Medical Group.
HealthTap’s Doctor Network:
We encourage all interested doctors to apply today and join HealthTap’s Doctor Network of over 90,000 doctors.
Within the HealthTap Doctor Network, you have the ability to:
- Help people from around the world by answering their health questions (free to all)
- Collaborate with other doctors in our network of over 90,000 doctors
- Maintain an online practice profile on HealthTap
- Train our augmented intelligence symptom-assessment tool
- Earn CME category 1 credits
- Create care guides for the general public
- Peer review the answers given by other doctors and learn from the input of colleagues
- Receive thanks from people you've helped through your medical knowledge and expertise
You are eligible to join HealthTap’s Doctor Network if the following is true:
- You are a qualified provider with an MD, MDCM, MBBS, MBChB, DDS, DMD, DO, DpM, EdD, PhD, PharmD, or PsyD
- You have an active, unrestricted U.S., Canada, Mexico, or United Kingdom Medical License and are in good standing
- You have a valid individual (not organizational) NPI number (U.S. doctors only)
HealthTap Medical Group:
Additionally, doctors who are part of the Doctor Network and are able to perform primary and urgent care (within the U.S., Canada, and Mexico) are encouraged to submit your interest in joining our Medical Group. As a Medical Group doctor, you will be able to do everything listed above, as well as virtual visits with patients through our platform. Please note that U.S. doctors can submit their interest here, Canada doctors can submit their interest here, and Mexico doctors can submit their interest here. You can read more about applying to the HealthTap Medical Group here.
You are eligible to join the HealthTap Medical Group if the following is true:
- You have an unrestricted medical license
- U.S. doctors: Board Certified by the ABMS or AOA. Canada doctors: Board Certified by CCFP
- You agree to see and treat patients of all ages, and genders for any health concerns they may have including primary and urgent care
If you are a specialist interested in providing care on our platform, you can fill out this specialist interest form; we will contact you about any future opportunities.
Please note there are requirements in order to be accepted as doctor on the HealthTap platform:
- In order to provide patients with the best service, we ask any doctors applying to HealthTap to also ensure they meet the following technical requirements. This is particularly pertinent to doctors applying to be part of the HealthTap Medical Group.
- You are able to launch HealthTap.com in your Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browser. To ensure an optimal video conferencing experience, avoid using Internet Explorer due to its inferior video conferencing support
- Make sure your computer is connected to a high-speed (1Mbps or better) and reliable wired or wireless internet connection (DSL, cable modem, or better). To verify this, you can conduct a speed test of your connection here: www.speedtest.net
- If your internet is fast enough, try testing your device at: www.healthtap.com/test_call (you must be signed into HealthTap for this to work).
- Make sure your microphone and webcam are connected and working. You can test your webcam and microphone every time you switch your account status to available.
- Make sure you are connected to a strong, reliable, high-speed wifi network (1Mbps or better). We strongly advise against taking video virtual visits on 2G, 3G, or other mobile data connections. They tend to lack sufficient bandwidth to stream videos in high quality. Mobile 4G and LTE connections are often sufficient, but these video virtual visits will use data that count towards your monthly data plan
- On mobile devices, we strongly advise using the HealthTap application and not web browsers
- Launch HealthTap For Doctors on your iPhone or Android tablet or smartphone, and log in to your doctor account for the duration of your shift