Powered by artificial intelligence and trained by HealthTap doctors, HealthTap AI can help you evaluate symptoms and provide guidance on next steps or care.
How to assess your symptoms with HealthTap AI:
- Log in to your HealthTap account
- On the home page, scroll down and select "Assess Your Symptoms"
- HealthTap will prompt you with questions but before you answer them please select who the person that is wanted to be assessed
- Indicate who is experiencing the symptoms by selecting the corresponding icon at the bottom of the page
- HealthTap AI will ask you what symptoms you are experiencing. You can search the symptom either by typing the symptom in the search bar or selecting the corresponding place where the symptom is located on the virtual mannequin:
- Based on the symptom you enter, HealthTap AI might ask you various questions to learn more about what you're experiencing. Please answer the questions to the best of your ability
- After getting additional information on your symptoms, HealthTap AI will ask for some background information on the patient. Note that any answers you give HealthTap AI will automatically be saved into your HealthTap profile background information. If you wish to edit this later, you can easily do so by going to "Records"
- Once HealthTap AI has gathered enough information, it will present you with a list of possible diagnoses, and the chances of each being possible
- If you wish to know more about any of the listed diagnoses, you can select them to show the most common symptoms associated with it
- If you wish to add any of these symptoms to your personal assessment, simply select "add". By adding more symptoms, HealthTap AI can reevaluate your situation and possibly come up with new, more accurate diagnoses
- To know more about the diagnosis, click on the name of the diagnosis (within the symptom list, as indicated in the picture below) and it will open a web page with a description of the diagnosis and additional information including Overview, Symptoms, Treatments, Tests, Doctor Insights, and applicable Care Guides
If you feel any of the listed diagnoses might be accurate, you can seek the next steps by selecting the diagnosis and selecting "What should I do?"
- You can then choose one of the following options:
- Get online are care now: speak to an Urgent Care doctor
- Book a video appointment with your doctor: book with a Primary Care doctor of your choice
- Post a health question: ask an anonymous free question to a trusted doctor
- Learn More: this will take you to a description of the diagnosis and additional information including:
- Doctor Insights
- Applicable Care Guides
- If at any point HealthTap AI detects that your symptoms may be associated with an emergency medical condition, it will show the prompt you to seek emergency care by calling 911 or continue with assessment
- Going back a page will using HealthTap AI will erase your conversation and you will need to start over
- As stated in the Disclaimer: All information on HealthTap (including this tool) is for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment recommendations. You should immediately call or visit your doctor or local emergency services provider if you believe you may be having a medical emergency
- Symptom Assessment History View: You can view a list of the complete transcripts of all your previous symptom assessment sessions with HealthTap AI. All newly completed symptom assessments will be saved to this list by default. You can also delete individual symptom assessments if they wish to do so by:
- Logging in to your HealthTap account
- Selecting "My Care"
- Selecting "Symptom Assessments"