By using HealthTap, including Virtual Consults, you agree to abide by the following guidelines. Any violation may result in limitation, suspension, or termination of your access to our Apps.
- Respect. You agree to engage with Medical Experts in a respectful manner and to refrain from inappropriate language and behavior.
- Appropriate Use. You agree to only use HealthTap and Virtual Consults in a manner that is not: unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, harmful to minors, vulgar, gratuitously violent, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, invasive of another's privacy, or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive, hateful, or abusive.
Guidelines for Posting Content (Including Questions)
- Informational Questions Only. Only informational questions submitted for educational purposes are allowed. Do not post any facts that give the impression that a question is uniquely patient-specific, or are about a specific person, including yourself.
- No Requests for Medical Care, Diagnosis, or Treatment. No requests for prescription, diagnosis, or treatment should be made on HealthTap (for medical care, please use Virtual Consults, as appropriate and available). Any second opinions received on HealthTap are not diagnosis, prescription, or treatment, and are for informational purposes only.
- No Guarantees. There is no guarantee that any submitted question will be answered; questions are answered at the sole discretion of participating Medical Experts. No follow-up questions or personal information should be included in any notes or other posts on or through HealthTap.
- Only Adults May Post. Minors (persons under the age of 18) may not obtain Virtual Consults on HealthTap, but HealthTap permits the posting of questions by persons 16 years of age and older. Caregivers may post educational questions related to authorized care recipients (such as the mother posting questions about an infant).
- No Posting of Personally Identifiable Information. Do not post name(s), email address(es), or telephone number(s), URLs, or any other confidential or personally identifiable information about you or any other person or entity on HealthTap. The foregoing does not apply to the extent necessary to use Virtual Consults or HealthTap's Premium Plan in accordance with these Terms.
- No Posting for Illegal Purposes. Do not use HealthTap for any purpose in violation of local, state, federal, or international laws.
- No Infringing or Impersonating Postings. Do not post material that infringes on the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others (never post a picture of another person without permission) or on the privacy or publicity rights of others. Do not post impersonating another person or entity.
- No Inappropriate Postings. Do not post material that is unlawful, misleading, obscene, sexually explicit, medically inappropriate, derogatory, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity, or any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable law or regulations or that otherwise may be in conflict with our Terms or Privacy Statement.
- No Viruses or Software. You agree that you will not upload any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or the Apps.
- No Excessive or Inappropriate use. Do not use the Apps excessively, inappropriately, or in ways that the Apps were not designed for or that are not, in the opinion of HealthTap Medical Experts, medically appropriate or legitimate.
- No Promotions or Links. Do not post advertisements, solicitations, or links to other websites or individuals.
- No Spam or Schemes. Do not post the same question more than once or "spam" HealthTap. Do not post chain letters or pyramid or other schemes.
- No Detrimental Behavior. Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying HealthTap, or which, in the judgment of HealthTap, exposes us or any of our members, partners or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
Guidelines Specific to Virtual Consults and Other Paid Services.
- Treatment. You agree not to make demands for treatment from a Medical Expert on HealthTap.
- Care. Medical care (including Virtual Consults with Medical Experts, prescriptions, diagnosis, or treatment recommendations) is available on HealthTap, and you agree that such care is limited to medically necessary and appropriate care, as determined by the treating Medical Expert.
- 24/7 Doctor Visits Care Limitations. You may use 24/7 Doctor Visits regarding discrete and episodic medical issues. Examples of inappropriate uses of 24/7 Doctor Visits are (but are not limited to) use of 24/7 Doctor Visits to replace or obtain: emergency care; in-person routine physicals and vaccinations (except for vaccines that can be ordered for you to get at a pharmacy); health verifications or disability forms that require an in-person exam; in-person tests or screenings, such as Pap smears, breast exams, prostate exams, and strep throat swabs; lifestyle treatments, such as medication for smoking cessation, losing weight, stopping addiction, and erectile dysfunction; and ongoing care of chronic conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, anxiety, depression, epilepsy, lupus, and chronic pain (except for medical advice of a limited nature); as well as falsifying your location, doctor-shopping or otherwise repeating consults for the same issue. We reserve the right to review your usage and to suspend or terminate your HealthTap account if we find that you have misused 24/7 Doctor Visits. Our conclusions based on those reviews are final.
- Prescriptions and Lab Tests. You agree that you do not have a right to expect, demand, or to receive any particular prescription or lab test when using HealthTap. Prescriptions and lab tests, where available, are provided at the sole discretion of the consulting Medical Expert. Patients who are located outside the U.S. may not receive lab orders and may receive prescription recommendations only.
- Prescriptions and Lab Tests Limitations. You understand and agree that not all prescriptions and lab tests are available using HealthTap. The following medication categories cannot be prescribed or recommended in Virtual Consults on HealthTap: DEA category I-IV medications, lifestyle medications (such as weight loss or hair loss medication), and U.S.-state regulated medications. Lab tests are currently ordered using Quest Diagnostics, and it may not be possible to order all of Quest Diagnostics lab tests (if any) in all U.S. states.
- Duration of Treatment. You agree that the duration of any treatment prescribed or recommended may be limited. It is up to the consulting Medical Expert to determine the appropriate duration of any treatment, if any, made available through a Virtual Consult. Where prescriptions are provided, they may be a short-course to hold you over until you are able to consult with your regular doctor.
- Dress Code. You agree to be appropriately dressed and to show personal or private body parts only when it is of medical relevance to do so.
Reservation of Rights.
- Rejection and Removal of content. Subject to applicable law and any related limitations, we reserve the right to review any submission or Content on our Apps and Services, and to not post such Content or to remove or request the removal of any Content for any reason, at any time, without prior notice, at our sole discretion.
- Termination. We reserve the right to restrict or terminate access to our Content or Services by any individual who violates our Terms, or engages in any other conduct that, in our sole judgement, restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying HealthTap or exposes us or any of our members, partners or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
Source: HealthTap, https://www.healthtap.com/terms