When a consulting doctor orders lab tests in a HealthTap virtual consult, the post-visit summary note contains a requisition order for all the tests ordered. This same information is sent to Quest Diagnostics. You can schedule the time and place of your lab test appointment or do a walk-in visit to a Quest Diagnostics location (however, appointments get priority). After you complete the labs, the test results will be securely uploaded into HealthTap. You and the doctor will receive a notification when the results are ready to view.
To schedule a lab test at a Quest Diagnostics location, please follow these steps:
1. Log into your HealthTap Account
2. Click the My Care icon
3. Select Medical Consults
4. Select your recent virtual visit in which a doctor ordered lab tests for you
5. In your visit transcript, scroll down to the Labs that are listed and select “Schedule Lab Test” (you will be redirected to the Quest Diagnostics website)
6. Click “Schedule an Appointment”
7. Select “Medical Professional” for who is sending you for testing
8. Select the “All Other Tests” option
9. Input your Zip Code to find a nearby testing location
10. Select a location from the list
11. Click “Schedule Appointment”
12. Choose a date and time slot
13. Provide the requested information
14. Click “Schedule Appointment”
15. Show up for your appointment at the confirmed location, date, and time.
16. Once the test results are received by HealthTap, you and the consulting doctor who ordered the lab tests will receive a notification.
Note: If Quest Diagnostic does not have your order or you need any further assistance setting up your lab order, please contact Customer Support at 650-376-6110 or email@example.com.