HealthTap is offering free virtual doctor visit to anyone in the U.S. who is worried about symptoms that could be related to COVID-19. Doctors from the company’s network of over 90,000 US board-certified physicians are volunteering their time to provide these visits by text, phone, or video. HealthTap uses proprietary technology similar to those of ride-sharing and delivery companies to match patients with doctors in real-time and at scale.
What does HealthTap offer to help patients who are worried about COVID-19?
- Doctor answers to any health question, with hundreds already answered about COVID-19
- A free, automated symptom assessment to assess flu-like symptoms and triage the likelihood of COVID-19
- 24/7 access to private visits with primary care doctors to get advice, prescriptions, and lab orders. Right now, we are offering one free visit for each patient if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms or would otherwise like to speak with a primary care doctor about COVID-19
- Care guidelines for you (also updated daily with CDC and WHO guidance) for prevention, management, self-quarantine, caregivers, and management for high-risk individuals (elderly or those with chronic conditions).
How do I get a free visit for flu-related symptoms or other topics related to COVID-19?
You can begin the process by visiting this page of the HealthTap website and selecting "Talk to a doctor now”.
- If you already have a HealthTap account, you can log in. You will then be taken directly to where you can enter information and initiate a medical visit
- If you do not have a HealthTap account yet, you will need to create one first. Once you have created your account, go to our website and click “Talk to a doctor now”. You will be directed to your account and once logged in, you will be taken directly to where you can enter information and initiate a medical visit
Can I have more than one free visit?
In order for our network of medical professionals to help as many people as possible, we limit each patient to one free visit.
I have sub accounts on my account? Can they each have a free COVID-19 related consult as well?
Unfortunately, no. Only one free consult per main account.
What happens if my free visit is interrupted? Do I have to pay for another visit?
Your free visit does not get counted until the doctor submits their summary note of the visit. So if your visit is interrupted (due to technical difficulties or otherwise) you can initiate another visit without being charged.
Are HealthTap services covered by Medicaid or Medicare?
HealthTap Medical Group is not part of Medicaid or Medicare. The coronavirus-related medication costs and/or lab test fees may qualify for cost waivers under your insurance plan, but you will have to ask your insurer about that.
What are the COVID-19 related Care Guides?
After a COVID-19 related visit, a doctor may assign you one of our COVID-19 Care Guides. These Care Guides are updated daily with guidance from the CDC and WHO and include the following topics:
- Resources for managing COVID-19
- Caregiver’s guide for COVID-19
- Preventing COVID-19
- Preventing COVID-19 for seniors or those with chronic medical conditions
- Self-quarantine guide
“HealthTap is in a unique position to help because of the generosity of volunteer doctors, the fact that our product is accessible to anyone with an internet connection, and our ability to match patients with doctors...Volunteering to provide virtual care with HealthTap is a way for doctors to do tremendous good in a time of crisis, especially for those doctors who aren’t able to work at a clinic or hospital.”
- Geoff Rutledge, M.D. (Chief Medical Officer of HealthTap)