HealthTap believes that quality healthcare is a fundamental human right and should be accessible to all. Therefore, we strive to make our services free or as affordable as possible — with or without insurance.
There are two types of membership:
With HealthTap Prime, for just $15 per month, you get:
- 24/7 on-demand Urgent Care to video or text chat with the first available doctor within seconds for advice, prescriptions, test orders, and referrals for just $59 per visit or your insurance copay. That's 40% off with each visit!
- Exclusive access to Primary Care video appointments for just $39 per visit or your insurance copay. That means you get to:
- Choose your own primary care doctor to get to know you deeply
- Stay healthy with regular screenings and check ups
- Manage any ongoing conditions or concerns over time
- $100 off online therapy visits with our partner, Talkspace
- Care for all your children is included at no additional membership cost!
- Search millions of trusted answers from 90,000 U.S. doctors across 147 specialties or ask your own health question anonymously to get your own educational text answers within 24 hours.
- Instantly understand what may be causing your symptoms and what doctors usually recommend doing with HealthTap AI, our doctor-trained and doctor-assisted chatbot.
- Store all your medical records securely and privately in one, convenient to access app — without storage limitations. Benefit from personalized care from our doctors who will always tailor their diagnosis and advice for you based on your profile and history.
With HealthTap Basic, you don't pay any membership fee, and you get:
24/7 on-demand Urgent Care visits at just $99 per visit or your insurance copay
- The same great access to millions of doctor answers to any health question and AI-guidance for your symptoms
For all virtual visits, we accept most health insurance plans. You can also pay the same low price without insurance using just a credit or debit card, or PayPal.
How many virtual doctor visits can I do?
- You may request as many virtual visits as medically necessary, but not for emergency or in-person care. If you do five or more virtual visits during any seven-day period on two or more occasions over any 30-day period, HealthTap reserves the right to review your usage and potentially suspend or terminate your account. Using HealthTap in this way often points to medical issues that require in-person or emergency care, and HealthTap is not a replacement for that care.
- When you sign up for HealthTap, you agree to refrain from excessive or inappropriate use our services, including but not limited to multiple virtual visits without a valid medical reason, initiating a new virtual visit before you have received the Summary Notes from your previous visit; attempts to obtain prescriptions that HealthTap doctors cannot prescribe or that they do not deem medically necessary; multiple virtual visits for symptoms or conditions for which you have been advised to seek in-person care; or any other behavior deemed by HealthTap to be excessive or inappropriate.