HealthTap is now offering virtual doctor visits for $119 per year to individuals. Previously, this price was available only to people who had access to HealthTap through an employer.
What is included in this subscription plan?
- 24/7 virtual visits, using video or text chat with a board-certified doctor in less than 1 minute on average
- Prescriptions sent to your pharmacy or home
- Lab tests and results on HealthTap
- Reminders about treatment plans
- Referrals to specialists
Note: The cost of prescriptions, lab tests, or in-person doctor visits are not included in the cost of the subscription.
If I have a subscription plan, do I still have access to the free features on HealthTap?
Yes! You can still post free, anonymous health questions, using our symptom assessment tool, and more.
Can I still do a one-time consult for $49.00?
At this time, our platform no longer offers $49.00 consults. However, we are currently offering one free virtual doctor visit to anyone in the U.S. who is worried about symptoms that could be related to COVID-19. If you would like to test out HealthTap visits before committing to an annual subscription, you can use this to do so. To learn more about this promotion and how to access your free consult, please refer to our article FAQ's: HealthTap and COVID-19.
How many virtual doctor visits can I do?
- You may request as many virtual visits as medically necessary for discrete and episodic medical issues, but not for emergency or in-person care. If you obtain five or more virtual consults during any seven-day period on two or more occasions over any thirty-day period, then we reserve the right to review your usage and to suspend or terminate your HealthTap account if we find that you have misused the service. Our conclusions based on those reviews are final. This high-volume use is usually indicative of medical issues that require in-person or emergency care instead of virtual care, and you are not permitted to use our products and services as a replacement for that care.
- You agree to refrain from excessive or inappropriate use of Premium Services, including but not limited to multiple Virtual Consults for the same issue without a valid medical reason, including but not limited to: initiating a subsequent Virtual Consult before you have received the Summary Notes from the doctor of the prior HealthTap Premium Services Virtual Consult; attempts to obtain prescriptions unavailable through HealthTap Premium Services or not previously prescribed to you in a prior HealthTap Premium Services consult for the same issue; multiple Virtual Consults for a symptom or condition when you have been advised to seek in-person care; or any other behavior deemed by HealthTap or a HealthTap Premium Services doctor to be excessive or inappropriate.
If I decide I do not want the subscription, can I be refunded?
- If you purchase access to the HealthTap Premium Services, we may offer you a refund of the entire subscription fee for a subscription term if you do not complete at least one Virtual Consult during that term. If you purchase access to the HealthTap Premium Services and you complete less than three Virtual Consults during a subscription term, we may offer you a refund of the balance of the subscription fee for that term after deducting $49 dollars for each Virtual Consult that you completed. All refund requests require you to submit a documented explanation supporting your request for a refund, and all such requests are subject to review for approval. All determinations of your eligibility for a refund are made solely by HealthTap and are final once HealthTap reaches its decision.
- You are ineligible for a refund of subscription fees if it is determined at HealthTap's discretion that you, at any time, have violated these Terms or HealthTap's conduct guidelines within a consult (including but not limited to any use of inappropriate language or behavior).
If you have any questions about your subscription or require assistance, please contact us at support.healthtap.com or 650-376-6110.