HealthTap believes that quality healthcare is a fundamental human right and should be accessible to all. Therefore, we strive to make our services free or as affordable as possible — with or without insurance.
There are two types of membership:
As a HealthTap subscriber you get the following for just $45 every 3 months:
- 24/7 on-demand Urgent Care to video or text chat with the first available doctor within seconds for advice, prescriptions, test orders, and referrals for just $59 per visit or your insurance copay. That's 40% off with each visit!
- Exclusive access to Primary Care video appointments for just $44 per visit or your insurance copay. That means you get to:
- Choose your own primary care doctor to get to know you deeply
- Stay healthy with regular screenings and check ups
- Manage any ongoing conditions or concerns over time
- $100 off online therapy visits with our partner, Talkspace
- Care for all your children is included at no additional membership cost!
- Search millions of trusted answers from 90,000 U.S. doctors across 147 specialties or ask your own health question anonymously to get your own educational text answers within 24 hours.
- Instantly understand what may be causing your symptoms and what doctors usually recommend doing with HealthTap AI, our doctor-trained and doctor-assisted chatbot.
- Store all your medical records securely and privately in one, convenient to access app — without storage limitations. Benefit from personalized care from our doctors who will always tailor their diagnosis and advice for you based on your profile and history.
As a HealthTap free member, you don't pay any membership fee, and you get:
24/7 on-demand Urgent Care visits at just $99 per visit or your insurance copay
- The same great access to millions of doctor answers to any health question and AI-guidance for your symptoms
For all virtual visits, we accept most health insurance plans. You can also pay the same low price without insurance using just a credit or debit card, or PayPal.
How many virtual doctor visits can I do?
- You may request as many virtual visits as medically necessary, but not for emergency or in-person care. If you do five or more virtual visits during any seven-day period on two or more occasions over any 30-day period, HealthTap reserves the right to review your usage and potentially suspend or terminate your account. Using HealthTap in this way often points to medical issues that require in-person or emergency care, and HealthTap is not a replacement for that care.
- When you sign up for HealthTap, you agree to refrain from excessive or inappropriate use our services, including but not limited to multiple virtual visits without a valid medical reason, initiating a new virtual visit before you have received the Summary Notes from your previous visit; attempts to obtain prescriptions that HealthTap doctors cannot prescribe or that they do not deem medically necessary; multiple virtual visits for symptoms or conditions for which you have been advised to seek in-person care; or any other behavior deemed by HealthTap to be excessive or inappropriate.