There may be instances in which you need to order a prescription for a patient after the SOAP note has been submitted.
To order a prescription:
1. Log in to your HealthTap account
2. Select "Patients" from the lefthand menu
3. Select the patient for which you wish to add an additional prescription
4. Select the "Patient Info" tab at the top of the screen
5. Select "Visits"
6. In the signed SOAP note, the "Add Medication" feature will still be enabled, much like when you are submitting a SOAP note during a consult. Select "Add Medication"
7. Select all the appropriate details for the medication as you normally would. The only difference is that now, when you are finished, you will select "Send Rx" in the top right corner instead of "Save Rx"
Please note that the prescription will be sent to whatever pharmacy the patient has in their profile. This includes if the patient has updated their preferred pharmacy since the SOAP was originally submitted. The patient will also be able to view this new prescription in their consult transcript, along with the rest of the previously submitted SOAP note.