HealthTap allows patients to use their health insurance—when eligible—to pay for all of or a portion of a virtual consultation with a healthcare provider in the HealthTap Medical Group. Patients can also pay fully out of pocket for a single virtual consultation, or they can pay to subscribe to HealthTap Prime for access to the HealthTap Medical Group healthcare providers.
As we have done since the start of HealthTap, we will continue to maintain many services that are free and helpful to people everywhere, including doctor answers to health questions, the Dr. A.I. symptom assessment tool, and our library of health questions and doctor answers.
- How does insurance reimbursement/billing work? HealthTap manages billing with patients and payers; HealthTap also manages physician enrollment with payor networks. HealthTap Medical Group healthcare providers must provide HealthTap with their CAQH ID# and work with HealthTap to ensure their CAQH profile is up to date. Additionally, healthcare providers must add the relevant ICD-10 diagnosis and CPT procedure codes to their virtual consultation SOAP notes, when requested.
- Does it apply for all visits I do on HealthTap? No, patients can apply their health insurance coverage toward their virtual consultations, pay fully out of pocket for a single consultation, or pay to subscribe to HealthTap Prime for access to the HealthTap Medical Group healthcare providers.
- Do I need to specially sign-up for accepting insurance? Or will it be automatic? Do I need to submit an insurance claim? HealthTap manages physician enrollment with payor networks and all aspects of billing and collections. All HealthTap Medical Group healthcare providers must provide HealthTap with their CAQH ID# and work with HealthTap to ensure their CAQH profile is up to date. Additionally, healthcare providers must add the relevant ICD-10 diagnosis and CPT procedure codes to their virtual consultation SOAP notes, when requested.
- Will there be any change to how much I get paid? HealthTap Medical Group healthcare providers earnings for consultations and Committed shifts continue at $30.00 consultation and a guaranteed minimum of $100.00 per Committed shift, both independent of how patients pay.
- How will I know if a member would like to use their insurance to pay for the visit? HealthTap manages the operational aspects of billing, so all physicians need to do is continue to provide great, friendly care to patients on HealthTap, without concern about how patients pay for their visits.
- How do I get a CAQH profile and ID# if I don’t have them? It’s free to set up your CAQH profile at https://proview.caqh.org/PR/Registration. After you create your profile, you’ll find your CAQH ID# in your account.
- What is CAQH, and why do I need a CAQH profile? CAQH is a non-profit alliance of health plans and related associations that makes it easy for you to enter and store your professional credentials in one place, so you don't have to complete tedious applications each time you apply for medical privileges. HealthTap plans to accept most common health insurance plans, so we'd like to confirm your CAQH profile and enroll you in various health plans as a healthcare provider giving care on HealthTap.